I wanted to stop by quickly to tell you that the California Library service offers the option of checking out a California State Beach Parking Pass!
Do you have a library card? Well, head over and check out a pass! If you do not have a library card, no problem! You can get a free library card at your local library (see info below).
California State Library Beach Parks Pass Information
Visiting a State Beach in California can get pretty expensive. Purchasing an all-day pass can cost up to 20 dollars. Let’s take a look at what all entails concerning this free library parking pass program.
- free vehicle day-use entry for one vehicle with up to 9 people or one licensed motorcycle
- pass is only for parking- no entrance fee or special events
- valid for any day of the week or on holidays
- all California libraries are participating ( all 1, 184 branches)
- minimum of three passes at each library (including mobile libraries)
- pass is good for two weeks
- no photocopies allowed
- pass may not be used in combination with any other discount or pass
What California State Parks Are Part of the Program in San Diego?
Below I have provided you a list and a linked map of each participating California State Parks in San Diego. Click on the photo to learn more about each beach!
San Onofre State Beach
South Carlsbad State Beach
San Elijo State Beach
Cardiff State Beach
Torrey Pines State Beach
Torrey Pines State Natural Reserve
Silver Strand State Beach
Tijuana Estuary National Park
Border Field State Park
So, How Long Will These Passes Be Available?
It turns out that since this program began in April 2022, it has been a great success, so more money has been added to the 2023 budget.
Fingers crossed that this program will continue year after year!
I have always had a deep-seated passion for the Ocean Environment which ultimately led me to receive a degree in Marine Biology. Living in the San Diego area for over 30 years, I have extensively explored the 70 miles of San Diego’s coastline, and I am here to share! Please use my website to your advantage and have a look around at all the wonders that the beaches of San Diego can offer you!