I have good news! This year of the Lord, 2023, there will be five days to visit National Park in the United States for free! Today I am only concentrating on the San Diego County area and a few other Southern California National Parks. Let’s go!
Which Five Days Are Free?
As you probably can guess, all five days are National Holidays.
- January 16, 2023 (Monday)- Martin Luther King Day
- April 22, 2023 (Saturday)- First day of National Park Week
- August 4, 2023 (Friday)- Anniversary of the Great American Outdoors Act
- September 23, 2023 (Saturday)- National Publics Land Day
- November 11, 2023 (Saturday)- Veterans Day
I am unfamiliar with a few of these National holidays, so for fun, let’s take a closer look at them.
What is National Park Week?
This year, National Park Week is from April 22 to April 30. So what exactly is National Park Week? Well, due to a Presidential Proclamation- National Park encourages American citizens to get out into nature and appreciate the natural world. I like this sentiment!
I have always had a deep-seated passion for the Ocean Environment which ultimately led me to receive a degree in Marine Biology. Living in the San Diego area for over 30 years, I have extensively explored the 70 miles of San Diego’s coastline, and I am here to share! Please use my website to your advantage and have a look around at all the wonders that the beaches of San Diego can offer you!