San Diego doesn’t just have the best beaches in the country, and we also have some of the most significant coastal wetlands as well.
I have prepared a list of coastal nature centers that are along the San Diego coastline. I have also linked each site to its appropriate website.
Explore, have fun and learn at the same time!
- Nature Center run by the Audubon Center
- Over 223 acres of coastal wetlands
- 103 bird, 18 mammals, and 14 reptile and amphibian species found in the park
2202 South Coast Hwy, Oceanside CA 92054
1580 Cannon Road, Carlsbad CA 92008
7380 Gabbiano Lane, Carlsbad CA 92011
2712 Manchester Ave, Encinitas CA 92007
- Found a short distance from the Pacific Ocean
- Many trails take you toward the coast with exceptional views
1628 Lomas Santa Fe, Del Mar CA 92014
- Northern Border of the City of San Diego forming a natural border with Del Mar
- There is a colony of the endangered evergreen species Pinus torreyana-(Torrey pine)
PO Box 87280 San Diego, CA 92138-7280
1080 Gunpowder Point Dr, Chula Vista, CA 91910
- This is a major bird watching spot as there are over 375 species seen here
- Bordered by Mexico
Ranger Station: 2721 Monument Road, San Diego, CA 92154
Bird and Butterfly Garden: 2310 Hollister St., San Diego, CA 92154
301 Caspian Way, Imperial Beach CA 91932
1500 Monument Rd, San Diego, CA 92154